Hey all this is just an FYI for those who have FPS issues with Tera and feel that their machine should run it better. It involves first setting your power option to high performance, then accessing your regedit and unparking your CPU Cores and then accessing the .ini S1Engine file in your Tera client folder and adding code to enable Tera to run on 2 cores vs just 1.
First thing to do is click on your start button (or windows orb) and in the search bar type in "power" select "Change power-saving settings" and change from Balanced to High performance (if you do not see high performance select the drop down arrow to expand the list and it should be there).
Next we will be unlocking your cores. If you don't feel comfortable changing your registry you can skip this step and just allow Tera to run on the total number of cores you are currently using. To check and see if your cores are parked bring up your task manager (ctrl+alt+delete) then select the performance tab.
From there select the resource monitor button. From here select the CPU tab and you will see line graphs on the right side of this menu. You will have total CPU and several charts under that depending on the number of cores you have.
Starting at CPU 0 you will see the total number of CPU Cores available below, and they will either be active or parked. If they are parked you will need to go into your registry and change the Min/Max values. I will show how to do that in the steps below.
How To Disable CPU Core Parking:
1. Copy the following registry key entry between the brackets [ 0cc5b647-c1df-4637-891a-dec35c318583 ].
2. Select your start button.
3. In the search box, type 'regedit' and press enter.
4. Once your registry editor is open, select 'Edit' and 'Find...'.
5. Paste the above registry key in the box and select 'Find'.
6. Once it has located it, look for the keys on the right hand side labeled MinValue and MaxValue.
7. Double click on each value and make sure they are both set to '0'.
8. Select 'Edit' and 'Find Next...'.
9. Continue to replace MinValue and MaxValue for each entry until you have replaced them all.
10. Close the registry editor and shut down your computer.
11. Power the computer back up.
12. Core Parking should now be disabled.
Now that you have completed this go back into you task manager as previously stated and check to make sure they are no longer parked. Here is a helpful video if you are a visual learner (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl3u9eiskM4)
Once your CPU is unparked you can enable Tera to use more than one CPU core. This part is very easy if you just follow the steps below.
Locate the file - C:\Program Files\TERA\Client\S1Game\Config\S1Engine.ini
CTRL+F - CompatLevelGPU
below this line add CPUNumLogicalProcessors=2
save.. congratulation, your Tera client now using all available cores.